UC Santa Barbara > History Department > Prof. Marcuse > Projects > HSSB Location Page
HSSB Location Page
How to find the UCSB History Department
(Humanities & Social Sciences Building,
page by H. Marcuse
(Prof. Marcuse's homepage)
page created June 27, 2008, last updated 9/2013
Where is the UCSB History Department? (back to top)
- Building: Humanities and Social Sciences Building, room 4000
(on the 4th floor of the "tower wing" of this triangular building).
We are right next to the Events Center (aka Thunderdome).
History main office phone: 805.893.2991.
- Mailing Address:
Department of History, HSSB 4000
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, California 93106-9410
Coming north on US 101, take the Highway 217 exit (Airport/UCSB, about 4 mi. north of Santa Barbara) and follow it to the very end, under the new gateway arch at the east entrance. Go right as you enter, not around the traffic circle. After that please see the map detail below, or thisUCSB Map to find the HSSB quadrant E2, between Parking Lots 27 and 29, near Parking Structure 22.
South on 101: take the Storke/El Colegio exit, drive towards ocean, left on El Colegio, enter West gate.
- Parking: information about guest parking rules
- available to purchase from vending machines at lots, with cash or credit cards. Put the receipt on your dashboard.
- 2013 rates: $5 for 2hrs; $8/day (all rates)
- I don't think visitors can park in lot 29, so go for lot 27, or the parking garage 22.
page created by Harold Marcuse, June 27, 2008, last updated: see page header
back to top, to H. Marcuse homepage